Friday, April 02, 2004

Reality in Friendster.

I bet most people out there know Friendster. It's probably the "In" thing in your cyberlife. The concept really is (oh I bet ya know), seeing people you know, know people you know up to the 6th degree. Chances are, the world of cyberspace will be smaller and smaller.

In reality, that's true. Last Thursday I met my ex-girlfriend's best friend, whose the girlfriend of my officemate's best friend (got it?), applying for a job here in PS.

Scenario: Jett and I was just about to take our usual 10am break. I finished my last 2 emails for that hour when I suddenly realized Jett's talking to someone from the pantry. So I went there to ask if were gonna take our break or do it later. He happens to be talking to his bestfriend who was applying for a job here in PS. He introduced me to his bestfriend who happens to have his girlfriend sitting beside him, so Jett also introduced me to the her and the girl smiled and said "I already know him..." , which is much to my surprise.

It took me about 15 minutes to remember her name and who she was. Well it's been 10 years since we saw each other so gimme a break. So the girl was my ex-girlfiend's best friend in High School who is currently the girlfriend of my officemate's best friend.

Now isn't that much like Friendster?

No comments: