Tuesday, March 23, 2004

In Borgy Manotoc 's article "The mind of a Manila man", posted at Inquirer News Service, he wrote,

"HOW do beautiful women keep men at bay? Do they beat them off with a stick? And why is it that men who make up half of the world's population are never faced with this problem?

I've never known a single man who has complained about women lusting after him. Could it be that even in this modern world, women still expect a double standard when it comes to male-female relationships?

Who am I kidding? We're in the Philippines. Of course, they do. Let's take the whole courting process that we, poor males, have to endure in the hope of gaining a woman's interest, which lasts just a tad longer than the time it takes to gulp down a beer.
"

I never really believed or practiced the traditional courting ways of most Filipino men. I mean, flowers and chocolates? Yes of course most women want those but it really depends. Most women I know go for more that what a man can buy her (I hope I'm right ). Getting to know the person and spending quality time rather than tokens of monetary status is is much better IMHO.

And this goes to women as well, Ha!

Too bad, I can't go to that stage anymore...It sucks to be me.

No comments: